Monday 9 November 2020

'A Virtual Christmas!'

 Hello again!

Well, what a ‘rotten tomato’ of a year 2020 has turned out to be, eh? I tell you what if I’d known on New Years Eve last year when I posted my last post to you all I would have made sure to tell you all to have a few more drinks - stiff drinks!


Still, ‘it is what it is’ and considering the situation regarding the worldwide pandemic no matter where you are in the world reading this my message to you is this… that we owe it not only to ourselves, our families and to those we may have lost this year but to Christmas itself to make Christmas 2020 every bit as festive and Christmassy as every other year! if anything we all need to make this Christmas even more special - even if we have to end up with a ‘virtual Christmas’.


With that in mind I hope to ‘lead the charge’ myself with this blog and over the next two months I shall be posting all kinds of ‘festive goodies’ to keep you entertained, informed and (hopefully) smiling!


Jeff Belton & Ernie The Elf & Friend In The CHR Studio

To start with today why not put the 23rd of December at 9 A.M. (U.K. time) in your diary! Why? Well, my mate Jeff Belton will be on the radio doing our annual ‘Christmas Breakfast Show’ on Conquest Hospital Radio then and it will be a whole lot of fun! No matter where you are it is free to tune in online - just search for Conquest Hospital Radio and click on the ‘listen live’ box on the website and you are in! Jeff and I always have lots of laughs, crack madcap jokes, talk about ‘the old days’ and play a fabulously festive selection of records! You might even get to hear one of my own Christmas songs - though I doubt it will be a new recording unless I win the lottery between now and then! Still, if you’ve not heard ‘If Santa Was A D.J’ or ‘The Toy Museum’ you are surely missing out (even if I do say so myself!) and need to arrest that situation to satisfy your ‘bucket list’! (lol)


Another thing to look out for if you are in ‘my neck of the woods’ in Hastings is a special Covid 19 Christmas story that I have written. It is due to be published in the December/January edition of ‘Hastings Town’ magazine out on December the 5th.


It might be ‘covid themed’ but is not a miserable tale and is one I hope to brighten your day whether you are 3 or 93! ‘Hastings Town’ magazine can easily be found on Facebook so if you are not local but would like a copy drop the magazine’s Editor Jim Hollands a line there or for U.K. customers call 01303 814874 to secure a copy for yourself in the post. 


Right then, that’s it for now but keep your eyes peeled as I will be back soon with more Christmassy chat and fun!


Toodle pip!

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to more of your festive blogs to get us all in the mood for Christmas Tony. Really love the song Toy Museum. Like you say if we had all known last NYE what was round the corner we would certainly have had a few more stiff drinks. But let's get the Christmas cheer started now!

    ReplyDelete